Here we are about to have a look at the complete cast details of Damien Chazelle’s directorial La La Land; we will see which actor played what role in the movie and a closer look on the Star Casts’ roles and characters.
In total, there are around 220 actors who are part of La La Land’s cast.
Star Cast & Lead Roles
The lead star cast of the movie has famous names of Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone which adds commercial value to the film. Musician John Legend is also in a good supporting role.
Ryan Gosling as Sebastian Wilder
He appears as Sebastian Wilder who is an ambitious Jazz musician who plays piano in parties. While in struggling days, he gets fired from his job. However, Sebastian is not among losers and remains serious about his career.
His character is charming and decent; he has all the qualities to make anyone love him. Most of the time in the movie, Sebastian remains in semi-formal look that makes him appear as a gentleman.
Salary: $8 Million
Emma Stone as Mia Dolan
She has played the character of Mia Dolan, a cute girl who looks like a dad’s princess. Mia feels that she can be an actress; however rejections have made her doubting her talent. She gets a motivational boost by Sebastian where she continues perusing her career.
Though, Mia keeps smiling most of the times and brings positive atmosphere.
Salary: $30 Million
John Legend as Keith
Being a singer and lyricist in real life, John Legend has a perfect character in the movie named Keith who is a musician. Keith brings more value to La La Land; he is brilliant with singing and other instruments.
Keith’s stage appearance looks fascinating and authoritative with his hat and suit. In the movie, he makes Sebastian realized that he is a fine artist but he has to update his style to make it.
- Ryan Gosling as Sebastian Wilder
- Emma Stone as Mia Dolan
- John Legend as Keith
- Amiée Conn as Famous Actress
- Terry Walters as Linda
- J.K. Simmons as Bill
- Callie Hernandez as Tracy
- Thom Shelton as Coffee Spiller
- Cinda Adams as Casting Director
- Jessica Rothe as Alexis
- Sonoya Mizuno as Caitlin
- Rosemarie DeWitt as Laura
- Claudine Claudio as Karen
- Jason Fuchs as Carlo
- D.A. Wallach as Singer
- Trevor Lissauer as Valet
- Olivia Hamiltonas as Bree
- Anna Chazelle as Sarah
- Marius De Vries as Clyde
- Finn Wittrock as Greg
- Josh Pence as Josh
- Nicole Coulon as Josh’s Fiancée
- Damon Gupton as Harry
- Christopher Michael Stevens as Malcolm
- Keith Harris as Cole
- Kaveh Rastegar as Tom
- Briana Lee as Backup Singer
- David Douglas as DJ
- Miles Anderson as Alistair
- Bobo Chang as Assistant Photographer
- Meagen Fay as Mia’s Mom
- Robert Haynes as a Neighbor
- John Hindman as a Director
- Valarie Rae Miller as Amy Brandt
- Nicole Wolf as Brandt’s Assistant
- Corrin Evans as New Barista
- Kiff VandenHeuvel as Kiff Vanden
- Tom Everett as David
- Camryn Ray Cavaliero as Mia’s Daughter
- Zoë Hall as Chelsea
- Dempsey Pappion as a Club Employee
- Clifton ‘Fou Fou’Eddie as a Drummer
- Cal Bennett as a Sax Player
- Nedra Wheeler as a Bassist
- Javier Gonzalez as a Trumpeter
- Khirye Tyler as a Pianst
Q&A with The Star Cast of the Movie
This is a question and answer interview with the cast & crew of La La Land, it includes that star cast and artists of different roles in the movie.
Interview of Jessica Rothe
In this video, La La Land’s one of supporting actress Jessica Rothe who played Alexis (roommate of Emma Stone) talks about the true character of Ryan; she says he is a humble and talented person. Jessica also shares some memories of very early days of the shooting.